Verifying recipes is critical for the Nectar system to accurately track sales and determine losses.
An unverified recipe will be missing one or more of the following:
- Recipe type
- Recipe ingredient
- Ingredient pour size
All recipes need to be assigned a type.
- Standard: these are common industry recipes, such as a martini or old fashioned
- Custom: these are recipes unique to your location, such as a custom cocktail
- Pre-batch: these are large multi-serving recipes that you make ahead of time, usually for high-volume drinks
- Modifier: for recipes that are designated as modifiers in your POS system
At least one ingredient is required for each recipe, however you should include all ingredients used for the most accurate pour cost calculation.
When adding an ingredient, you have the option to pick a product group (e.g., Well Vodka) or you can search for a specific product by typing in the product's name.
You can add substitutions to all ingredients (e.g., if the primary ingredient is sold out or if the customer requests a premium product).
To add a substitution:
- Click the vertical 3-dot
•••menu button to the right of the ingredient that can be substituted
- Input the ingredient into the field below the primary ingredient
Ingredient pour sizes
Every ingredient is required to have a pour size as well.
When setting the pour size, pick from your previously configured standard pour sizes, or add a new custom size.