Recipes represent each individual item imported from your POS system, and are crucial to how Nectar tracks sales and identifies shrinkage.
After initial setup, Nectar will alert you to any recipes that have been used in the last 30 days that are unverified. Unverified recipes are incomplete in some way, either due to missing ingredients, pour sizes, or type assignments. It's important to verify recipes as soon as possible to avoid inaccurate sales and loss reports.
The table lists all recipes (POS items) that have been imported into Nectar from your POS system.
You can multi-select several recipes and perform certain actions all at once.
- Delete: remove the recipe from Nectar. Note, if this recipe is rung up again in your POS system, it will reappear in an unverified state the next time Nectar imports POS data (usually once a night). If you no longer wish to track a recipe that is used, open the recipe details and switch off the
Click on a column header to change the sorting of the table.
- Recipe type: a Nectar specific classification
- POS category: the category the recipe is assigned to in your POS system
- Recipe name: the name of the recipe (POS item)
- Unit cost: the total cost of all ingredients (products) used in the recipe. This value will be inaccurate if products are missing prices.
- Sale price: the amount the recipe is sold for in your POS system
- Qty sold: total quantity of drinks sold of the recipe
- Gross sales: total amount earned from sales
- Pour cost %: calculated by dividing the recipe's cost by the recipe's sale price